Downloadable CV, April 2018
- Core Faculty, Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) Summer Institute on Critical Security Studies in the Arab Region (Beirut), July 2017.
- Visiting Fulbright Scholar, Abu Dhabi University (UAE) and the University of Qatar, January-June 2017.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Hawai’i at Manoa, August 2015-
- Affiliate Faculty, Hawai’i Research Center for Futures Studies, UH Mānoa.
- Affiliate Faculty, International Cultural Studies Program, UH Mānoa.
- Associate Editor, International Political Sociology, January 2017-
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University, Political Science, May 2015. Exams: Major, International Relations; Minor, Political Theory.
- B.A. with Honors, New York University, 2008. Major: Politics; Minor: Economics.
Peer-Reviewed journal articles
- “Weapons of Mass Participation: Social Media, Violence Entrepreneurs, and the Politics of Crowdfunding for War.” European Journal of International Relations. Published online first, December 2017. https://doi.org/10.1177/1354066117744867
- “Facebook Bras and #digitalharems: Fantasies of Mimesis and the Transgressions of Aliaa Elmahdy and Amina Sboui.” Globalizations, Special issue on Insurrectional Politics. Vol. 12, No. 6, 2015: 943-956.
- Reprinted in Soguk N (ed.). Global Insurrectional Politics. Routledge, 2016.
- “The Cartographic Ambiguities of HarassMap: Crowdmapping Security and Sexual Violence in Egypt.” Security Dialogue, Special issue on Questioning security devices: Performativity, resistance, politics. Vol. 46, No. 4, 2015: 345-364.
- (forthcoming, 2018) “Playing with the World: The Politics of Miniaturization in the Gulf.” In Salter M. and S. Yao (eds.) How to do Popular Culture in International Relations. Routledge.
- (forthcoming, 2018) “Zombie Doctors, Saw-Scaled Vipers, and Other Incipient Swarms: Reading Connolly in Dubai.” In Contemporary Political Theory, Critical Exchange on William E. Connolly’s Facing the Planetary: Entangled Humanism and the Politics of Swarming.
- “The Human Chain Is Not About Holding Hands.” Journal of Critical Globalization Studies, Vol. 5, 2012: 129-131.
projects under review
- Optics of Capture: Platform Desires in an Age of Intervention. Book proposal accepted; manuscript in preparation for submission to Duke UP.
- (co-author) "Towards a Beirut School of Critical Security Studies." Revised and resubmitted, May 2018.